Skip to main content

Daylight Saving Extended >:|

Yes, that's right - the idiots in Government have extended Daylight Saving....
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Clocks will go forward an hour a week earlier than usual -- on the last Sunday in September -- and will go back an hour on the first Sunday of April, instead of the third Sunday in March.
Are we ever going to see the Sun in the morning again?
And what about the weather? It's hopeless in Sept, Oct, Nov.
What a waste.
However, Mr Barker said daylight saving had the potential to help with energy savings.
Rubbish. In a study done in 2000 during the Sydney Olympics, it was found that more energy was used having the lights on in the morning than having them on in the evening.

If I sound grumpy about this; I am >:|

I am a person who likes my sleep.

Comments

  1. I'm happy about this, myself, though I would have preferred daylight savings to be extended more at the end than the beginning.

    I lived in Sydney in 2000 when daylight savings was put in, in late August for the Olympics. After the initial shock to the system, it was quite good. I'd do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind it for a few months in the middle of Summer, but it's being stretched way beyond what is useful.

    I don't think I'm going to get used to it, somehow; getting up in the dark is damn depressing :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hate it hate it hate it!
    By the time I've finished a day's work I'm too tired to do much else anyway, so the extra daylight is no use to me. And being a very early riser means I have to go to bed while its still light.
    ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......"

    ....EEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

    Just to take an opposing view!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.