Skip to main content

Turia Excuses White Supremacists

Maori Party co-leader Tariana Turia has been branded an apologist for White Supremacist Groups after she claimed the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) and The World Church of the Creator (WCOTC) were not necessarily criminal groups.
The row started after Mrs Turia, whose Te Tai Hauauru electorate includes Wanganui, rejected the idea that all members were criminals.
"There are a lot of groups involved in a lot of bad behaviour," she told Radio New Zealand. "I'm not excusing any of the behaviour. It is totally unacceptable. But just like I'm not prepared to say the police are all rapists, I am also not prepared to say that all these gangs are criminals.

I know a lot of White Supremacists that only want to kill Maori, Jews, non-Protestants, Catholics, gays and blacks in a figurative sense. Some of these people are good people, and there's nothing really wrong with them associating closely with their colleagues who form gangs and travel around inciting violence and engaging in the odd back street beating."

"A good gang member will be loyal to his gang right or wrong, but that doesn't mean that the gang member is a criminal."
Well, I guess you can't really argue with that logic. Still, does Turia really want a New Zealand chapter of the KKK moving in next door?

Related Link: Anger at Turia's defence of basic liberties

Turia is invited over to the neighbours BBQ - note that the guy in white on the far right is actually a nice guy, and not a criminal

Comments

  1. At least she is consistent in her stupidity.

    I ask you if A Maori party was set up from scratch and the members had to be reselected would Turia make the cut? She's consistently dim compared to Pita and Hone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen, any way you can let it be known that this is satire at the beginning of a piece? That would stop me reading it out to my workmates like I thought it was true *embarrassed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fletch, you've made my day. Surely that just makes my satire all the better?

    Strangely, you are not the first person to request this (although I think most people now just assume everything I write is satirical).

    Would moving the tags to the top be enough, or were you thinking more of a standard warning banner? But isn't that just like announcing the punch-line before delivering a joke?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think assuming everything ZenTiger writes is satirical would be the way to go. But, I agree with Fletch. I would like some sort of warning or something or other for satire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many white supremacists does she know? Are there lots in Kiwiland? Wouldn't've thought so.

    From London, your imperial capital. (Cultural cringe required)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm not sure she actually circulates with white supremacists, except at the occasional BBQ.

    She does however support a particular type of Brown Supremacy. We call it B.S. here in NZ for short.

    Do you get much BS in London?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.