Skip to main content

Just Excellent

The guys at No Minister have found a rating widget for their posts. Great idea. So I dug one up too.

Seems we can let readers rate posts, from 1 to 5. I thought a choice between 4 stars (Good) and 5 (Excellent) would have been safer, especially as they say there is no accounting for taste. But what the heck. It's installed. Give it a go readers, it's much easier than adding a comment, rating anything 4 or 5 stars is anonymous (kidding, it's all anonymous) and it might give us an indication of which topics are of more interest. Although, I suspect half the people will use this as a "disagree/agree" flag. Ouch?

Comments

  1. Interesting idea. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My previous post on tax bands just got a one star. Bad! Oh dear. Now I'm wondering why. Was it the puns? Was it a reflection on Dr Cullen? Did the reader resent the anti-Labour tone of the post?

    It could have been a lot worse than one star though. I could have got two stars. That's "Boring". I'll take Bad over Boring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to care a lot more than I do about what people think to have one of those.

    If I cared what people thought I'd dress better and not make catapults.

    Sounds dull Zenman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can give multiple ratings. So if you want, you can change your rating with your mood...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. This is sounding worse and worse. I might re-rate my desire to use this widget. It can be truly excellent and interesting for a few more days, until I get bored and remove it.

    I think I'll end up creating a category for "top posts" to find the posts the blog authors think are the best of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will not be one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.