Skip to main content

World Geezer Day [UPDATE]


Now that World Youth Day is over, one commentator in the US wonders in a tongue firmly in cheek way, why the Geezers can't have their own day where the Pope comes out specifically to visit them. For those that don't quite understand what Geezers are, he's referring to the Boomers, or the generation that remembers 1968 fondly. I don't think he means me, though. I don't actually remember 1968, but do think of it fondly as it was the year I was born.

My favourite paragraph is this one:
The Mass will be in Latin. Deal with it. Your ancestors understood it perfectly, as do your children and grandchildren. It is only baby boomers, with all their college degrees and who are purportedly the most educated Americans ever, who wah-wah that they can't understand the simple Latin of the Mass.
I had a conversation with some older Catholics of the Boomer age a few weeks back that went into why I home-school and then what I actually teach. All the Boomers were stunned that I was getting my kids to memorise the Church prayers in Latin as part of our Latin course. Oh, so you are training them to become priests then, was the comment.

Related Links: World Geezer Day ~ The Jasper Newsboy
Fun with Dlck and Jane Catholic ~ the Curt Jester


Updated with a picture of some Boomer women who think they are now Catholic Priests. Picture taken from The Curt Jester.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.