Skip to main content

Lost Links


Old posts. Broken links. Missing quotations. Articles off line and all evidence circumstantial. You-tube songs I once linked to now silent; hilarious animations now still.

White space where once words played.

The internet equivalent of R.I.P. - Page 404 - an ominous tombstone marking my citation.

The internet is decaying around us, and electronic data is data-less. Who stole my link destinations? This is just not on. How can my web log be a journal for historical reflection if the mirror is broken? Surely, a link should last more than 7 months?

I'm going back to books if this nonsense keeps up.

That reminds me, wonder if the Kindle is available in NZ yet?


--ZenTiger

Picture is of the Earth, with an adjustment for gravity anomolies

Comments

  1. I had a brief look at that kindle thing, sounds ok, but nothing beats a good physical book. Sitting in front of a PC is just not the same thing.

    Maybe the youngsters might like it, but leave us cranky old bastards to our old ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, curling up in bed with the laptop is not quite the same thing...

    I am most peeved that the interview gaynz.com did with John Key which touched on religion and his thoughts on it that we linked to in our post John Key in Religion and Public Life has vanished. First gaynz.com deleted it but we picked it up on another site but now it too has died - nothing but a broken link. Very annoying as we took a copy of the page but master 7 deleted the folder it was in.

    If anyone has a copy of it please email me. I will give you backlinks, blogroll status, technorati faves and cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.