Skip to main content

Money Tips #1



When a person's income is $50,000 per year, and their expenditure is $49,000 per year, the result is happiness.

When a person's income is $50,000 per year and their expenditure per year is $51,000 the result is misery.


That's the essence of a quote from somewhere, somewhen. Life will be less stressful when living within your means. I think this needs to be one of my goals for 2010 :-)

Disclaimer: I am qualified to provide money tips, having learned from experience what not to do, and therefore have some inkling of what I need to do. Unfortunately, I have not been good at following my own insights. You may have more luck than I, or better yet you may reveal to me in the comments, tips for successfully implementing such ideas!

Comments

  1. The original quote is from the character Mr. Micawber in Charles Dicken's David Copperfield except he used a rather smaller amount of UK pounds (30 per annum, IIRC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. If I think back to whenever I first read this, I vaguely recall the quotation being in shillings and pence, or farthings and florins or whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.