Skip to main content

An interesting Caucasian Prison reform

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 25:31-46

Georgia like New Zealand has a problem with prison overcrowding.

The Government together with the Church have arrived at an elegant solution.

Low risk prisoners will serve their time in monasteries. They will eat, sleep, work and pray alongside the monks.

They will even wear monks habits until their sentence is completed.

How will it work out? Only time will tell but regardless of how successful it is it will not be able to be adopted here because in this country we have more or less foregone Christianity.

And there maybe some of our citizens who might consider having to pray with the monks cruel and unusual punishment

Comments

  1. I'm sure the left wanted them to be just released back into the community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.