Skip to main content

Friday Night Free For All

Evening folks. I think I missed most of the news this week, I've just been too busy to look outside my little sphere of work. Yep, sometimes it seems I'm working 24/7 for the one pay packet. But my pay packet is very good, relative to the hard working folk that care for the disabled. So I figure you either get a healthy pay packet that accounts for the long hours and the trips away from family and the nights out of town which make me unable to read my son a story at bedtime (something I've always tried to do ever since my oldest was old enough to listen to stories), or you get a measley hourly wage and get it for every hour you are required to be away from your loved ones.

So I generally support the wage claims of the care workers. Either create an overall healthy pay package, take a different approach to the work allocation, or cough up the minimum wage.

Now there are all sorts of counters to this argument, and considerations to make, and if I get time I might go into it a bit more. Or maybe just in the comments. After I get some extra stuff done.

Comments

  1. "Warriors, come out to play"

    "Warriors, come out to plaay"

    "Warriors, come out to play-eay"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.