Skip to main content

A personal update

Hello readers,

Those that are left, forlornly checking this site in the hope that a new post will appear.

My apologies for the lack of blogging.

A while back, I hit that crisis point where I no longer believed my opinion was better than anyone else's. That certainly made it difficult, but not impossible to blog.

A few months ago, Russia invaded Ukraine and stole Crimea. That has created a rift between Andrei and I that has widened into a chasm. While I still like and respect him, his opinions on this matter cause me a great deal of pain, and so I avoid the conversations. Therefore, what I would like to discuss is weighed against the angst it might create, and so blogging has limped to a crawl.

Added to all that, I've been coping with anemia, which I didn't know I had. Kind of makes sense, though. No wonder I have no energy for two weeks out of every four.

Also, my son has been having issues with Year 12 Mathematics. I used to be very good at Maths, but I've forgotten a lot. So, in order to help him, I have been putting what energy I do have into studying. I'm doing well with it all, I'm steam rolling along through Saxon's Algebra 1 course (up to Lesson 78 today), and Algebra is becoming more and more familiar. Even graphs don't look so alien any more and I can rip through conversions from miles to centimeters using all the various equivalences that I never even knew with ease. There are 5280 feet in a mile and 2.54 cm in an inch. If you know that, you can do a lot. I'm still way behind, but at the rate I'm going, I'll be finished Algebra 2 by the end of the year, which will get me very close to where I need to be.

Anyway, blogging, after all these years is grinding to a halt. I can't even dredge up what is left to say anything about the upcoming election, except, that even though National is bad, Labour and associated lunatics would be even worse.

Who knows, maybe this post will break the drought.

Comments

  1. Hi Matthew,

    Thanks for your comment. Good to know you are still around.

    Yeah, that whole thing of my opinion not being better that anyone else's is just a hiccup. It's more than that, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucia Maria,

    I understand that you think your opinions might not be better than anyone else's. While it **may** not be a good idea to debate that point exactly I think the fact that this blog exists means that other people can come back to it. That is something they can do, which gives this blog value.

    In the long discussion on the Ukraine issue the only thing I would say is we can all find security in
    is to look at what the Scriptures say. As you well well know, many issues if not all are spiritual in origin and the actions of man only count for how they fit into what God has already said.

    br,
    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. The Ukraine situation is very difficult, particularly as Galacia has been part of the Polish-Lithunianian commonwealth, the Russian Empire, the Austrio-Hungarian empire (I think) and Poland before the Soviets munged everything up after WWII.
    The Malaysian Airline going down today adds to the tragedy of what is functionally a civil war there.

    I need not remind you that the Orthodox are closer to the Catholics than us Prods are. But we all need to stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see this post til just now

    Thought of writing a post to respond - but I'm dry

    Ukraine causes me much pain and tears, real tears as people with whom I have a strong affinity die in their own homes as their cities and towns are destroyed.

    Remember Satan's purpose is to divide people, especially the people of God from each other and to cause bloodshed misery and human degradation.

    We have to do our best not to play his games but to serve the Lord we love and seek to serve.

    Pray for the people of Ukraine that they may be relieved from their torments

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR80NoYQm6s

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.